Understand the risk factors for sleep apnea.
The following are Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) risk factors. Drivers who exhibits any of the following may need home sleep testing:
- A body mass index (BMI) of 35 or higher
- A large neck size (17+” in males, 16+” in females)
- Age 50 or older
- Have a narrow upper airway and/or jaw
- Have a recessed chin or large overbite
- Smoking or alcohol use
- Family history of sleep apnea
- Frequent night time urination
- Witnessed Apneas
Looking for a licensed and certified medical examiner for DOT physicals in the state of Indiana? Creekside Testing and Compliance is your go-to resource.