Creekside Chiropractic, Dr. Erin Merrill and DOT Physicals
Dr. Erin Merrill, a certified medical examiner, is passionate about helping motor carriers navigate the ins and outs of DOT physicals, medical cards and monitoring driver health conditions.
Dr. Merrill recently presented to a large group of motor carrier professionals at the Indiana State Police Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division’s headquarters on driver conditions and what it means for their medical card and driver eligibility. She discussed important topics such as:
- What forms, information and documentation are required for DOT physicals?
- Do conditions such as diabetes-2, depression and anxiety affect eligibility?
- What if a driver has had or currently has sleep apnea?
- Does a DOT medical examiner need to know all medications the driver is taking?
- What if a driver has a new medical episode and their current medical card hasn’t expired?
- What if a driver has previous cardiac history that has been treated?
- Why should companies address certain driver scenarios within their company handbook?
- How does continually utilizing the same clinic or physician for driver exams provide benefits for the company and the driver?
Did you know motor carrier companies can retain Dr. Merrill to help coordinate their driver program, DOT medical exams and make sure they are in compliance with both company standards and those of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)? Yes, absolutely! It’s an area she works within daily.
Contact Creekside Chiropractic and let’s discuss how Dr. Merrill can help make your driver program more robust.